This is a very simple dish of one of my favorite vegetables – I believe one can hardly go wrong with bhindi.
1. Wash, pat dry and cut 1/2 kg of Bhindi (OKRA) into 2 pieces lengthwise after cutting off the edges.
2. Take oil in a pan. When hot, Add 1 tsp cumin seeds and a pinch of asafoetida (hing)and 2 -3 crushed garlic pods .
3. Add bhindi when the cumin seeds crackle and stir for 5 mins or till the bhindi looks slightly cooked.
3. Now add 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tsp amchoor powder and saute till the bhindi is coated well with the masalas.
4. Add salt and 1-2 tsp besan powder and saute till the bhindi is well cooked.
Serve hot with chapatis.