Konkani Crab Curry (Kurle Ambat)
June 7, 2015 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
This is another of my all time favorites – Konkani Kurle (Crab) Ambat(Curry).
I think of all the produce from the sea, crabs are the tastiest and I love the texture of its meat. The crabs that we get in and around Mumbai coast are more fleshy with sweeter flesh as compared to the ones we get here in Hyderabad.
Whenever I have a trip planned to Mumbai, I ask my mom to keep the crab curry ready and now it has become a habit for her.
- Clean the crabs. I still haven’t mastered this art and get it cleaned from the place where I buy the crabs. I just wash the crabs thoroughly before starting.
- You can slightly crack the shells so that the gravy will reach the meat.
- In a small pan take 1 tbsp oil and roast coriander seeds and red chillies.
- Grind in the mixer with coconut , a pinch of turmeric and 1 marble sized ball of tamarind. Grind this to a fine paste as finer the paste better the taste.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tsp oil.
- Fry 2 medium sized onions till pink. Now add crabs and sauté for a minute.
- Add the masala and cook. Adjust the salt according to taste. Crabs take around 15 mins to cook on medium flame.
- Serve hot with rice.
2 thoughts on “Konkani Crab Curry (Kurle Ambat)”
It’s very helpful article, We are very well impressed about your blog’s articles.And We are having all the yummy tasty recipes from your site. Thanks for sharing this post.
The site is very good,We are having all the yummy recipes in this site.Thanks for sharing this post from your blog. It is very useful and we got all the recipes from your blog