March 25, 2012 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
- Boil and mash 3 potatoes. Add 1 cup of bread crumbs, 1tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1tsp each of turmeric, coriander powder, jeera powder, chaat masala and garam masala
- Add the salt according to taste.
- Make patties from the mixture and shallow fry on a pan on slow flame.
For the Ragda
- Overnight soak 1 cup of dried white peas. Add 3 cups water a pinch of haldi and cooking soda and pressure cook for 3 whistles or until the peas are soft.
- Add 1tbsp of oil in a pan. Add 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- Add 2 medium sized onions chopped finely. Once brown add 1 tsp red chilli powder, haldi powder and 1 tsp garam masala and salt. Sauté and once the masalas have left their raw taste.
- Add 1 finely chopped tomato. Add 1 green chilli finely chopped.
- Add cooked peas and add 2cups of water and let it come to a boil.