Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting
February 1, 2015 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
Wanted to make simple fluffy chocolate cupcake and followed this recipe from Youtube.
I tried a small batch a week in advance and once that came out well, multipled the same ingredients by 6 for a larger batch of 50 cup cakes.
Here is a the recipe for a small batch of 8 cup cakes. While making cakes, I somehow don’t like the hassle of mixing one ingredient at a time or the order given in the recipe. I always tend to just add all ingredients in the bowl and then mix it well and the cakes have always turned out to be good.
This is how I made it and it turned out to be really nice and soft and the children loved it.
For a batch of 8 cup cakes
3 tbsp buttermilk
3 tbsp unsalted melted butter
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour(maida)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
Choco chips (optional)
For the Chocolate Ganache
200 ml Cream
1 cup Chocolate chips
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
1 dollop butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. As the oven is heating up, Take 3 tbsp buttermilk, 1 large egg, 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract, 3 tbsp unsalted melted butter, and 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/8 tsp baking soda, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/3 cup sugar in a bowl. Combine everything well and whisk it.
3. I added some choco chips to the batter before putting it into the muffin cups for added chocolate.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and cook it for around 20 mins. This depends on your oven so please keep checking until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffin cups from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
I prepared these a day in advance and kept it in air tight containers.
On the day of the birthday, I made chocolate ganache* and decorated the cupcakes with it. Sprinkled a generous topping of sprinkles and gems and the cake was perfect for a birthday party for toddlers.
*Simple Chocolate Ganache Recipe
1. Heat 200 ml of Amul Cream in a pan. When it comes to a boil, add it to 1 cup of Chocolate chips and let it soak for a minute.
2. Now whisk the chocolate till they mix well
3. You can add a bit of Vanilla essence if you feel like or a dollop of Amul butter. Keep it in the fridge and scoop it on the cake before serving.