January 26, 2014 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
Wanted to cook something low fat for dinner. So used Dahi and came up with this dish.
Pretty simple dish to cook – The flavors of the dahi, capsicum and kasoori methi go very well in making this a very tasty dish. I think I got inspired by Paneer dishes and used the same flavors here for this dish.
500 gms of boneless chicken
2 finely chopped onions
2-3 finely chopped garlic cloves
2 finely chopped tomatoes
1 finely cubed capsicum
2 cups of dahi/yogurt
2 green chillies
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1-2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
Pinch of haldi
Pinch of kasoori methi
1 tsp cumin seeds
- Take 2 cups of dahi. Mix 2 green chillies slit finely. Add 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1-2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, pinch of haldi, a pinch of kasoori methi and salt.
- Mix 500 gms of boneless chicken in this marinade and set aside for atleast 30 mins.
- In a hot pan, add 2 tsp oil. When its hot, add 1 tsp cumin seeds. When they start spluttering, add 2 finely chopped onions. Fry well. Add 2-3 finely chopped garlic cloves.
- When onion is translucent, add 2 finely chopped tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are soft, add the above marinade with the chicken.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame till the chicken is cooked. When chicken is 80% done, add finely cubed capsicum. Cover and cook for a few more minutes.
- You can adjust the consistency of the gravy according to your taste. You can open the lid and let all gravy cook till its dry if you want less gravy. I added a pinch of sugar to balance the tanginess.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and kasoori methi and serve with chapatis or rice.