March 16, 2013 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
1. Cut 500 gms of boneless chicken into strips. Add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp of red chilli powder, 1tsp of coriander powder and salt and let it marinate for 1 hour.
2. Take 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated chicken. When brown (should be about 90% done) remove from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same oil, add 1 tsp cumin seeds and let them splutter. You may add more oil if needed.
4. Add 2 onions finely chopped into the oil and fry them till translucent. Sprinkle some water so that the masala left over from the fried chicken comes of the pan. This masala actually adds to the taste of the chicken so let it be.
5. Add 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 5/6 cashew nuts, 2 green chillies and saute with the onion. Add 3 finely chopped tomatoes and saute well. Cover and cook till mushy.
6. Add some kasoori methi to the mixture, saute it well.
7. Now remove from heat, let this mixture cool and then blend it to a fine paste
8. Take a new pan and add 1 tbsp butter to it. Add the blended paste and saute. Add the chicken to this mixture.
9. Make it thinner, adjust the salt and add a bit of sugar to adjust for the tanginess.
10. You can also add some tomato ketchup for added taste.
11. Let this cook till a good boil.
12. Garnish with cream and sprinkle some garam masala in the end. You can add more butter at this point
13. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.