Chicken Katsu curry
July 14, 2013 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
- Cook Basmati rice after soaking it in water. Keep aside
- For the curry:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add 2 medium sized onions finely sliced to the oil and saute. Add 4-5 garlic pods, 1/2 inch of ginger finely chopped and saute.
- Add 1 tbsp flour and 1 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes and 1 tsp garam masala powder. Saute it for 1 min.
- Add 1 tbsp tomato puree and saute well. Cool this mixture and grind it for a fine consistency.
- Put this paste back in the pan. Gradually add in 1/2 lt water, 1 bay leaf and add 1 to 2 tsp soya sauce and mix well. Slowly bring to the boil.
- Cook for 20 mins on a slow flame and cook till the sauce thickens. You can add more garam masala for additional flavor. Remove from flame and keep aside
- For the Fried Chicken -Cut boneless chicken into 1 inch cubes. Marinate them with lemon juice, salt and pepper and set aside for 20 mins.
- Take 3 bowls, add 1 tbsp flour (maida) in one, 1 egg (beat it so that the egg yolk and the whites mix well) in second bowl and bread crumbs in the third.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Now take the chicken, coat it with maida, dip it in the egg and then coat it well with bread crumbs on all sides. Drop it in the oil and fry on medium flame till brown.
- Drain and keep aside
- Plate the rice and the fried chicken and pour gravy on them and serve hot.