October 28, 2014 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
- Soak 1 cup of chickpeas overnight. Pressure cook in 3 cups of water for 3 whistles. Cool it and keep aside
- Take 2 tsp til (sesame seeds) in a grinder. Add 4 pods of garlic, 2 tsp curd, juice of half a lemon, 2-3 tsp olive oil and blend it well.
- Now add the boiled chickpeas to the grinder and grind to a coarse paste.
- Remove from the grinder and adjust the salt, lemon and olive oil according to taste.
- Sprinkle ground red chilli flakes and serve with Pita bread.
I also like to eat it as a spread with whole wheat bread for breakfast. This also tastes as a good dip to eat with freshly cut cucumbers and carrots.