Sticky Chicken Wings with an Indian twist
March 12, 2016 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
My daughter loves sticky chicken wings and every time we order it in a restaurant, she licks her fingers off after finishing the chicken wings. The other day I chanced upon freshly cut chicken wings in Spar and decided to try it at home. As I was looking for recipes online came across this recipe from Vahrevah.com and tried it. As usual Vahchef did not disappoint and this turned out to be one of my absolute favorites – even better than what we get at the restaurants with the Indian twist to it.
Chicken wings – 10 to 12
Chilli Powder or paprika – 2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Spring Onion – 4-5
Chopped coriander – 3 tbsp
Soya sauce 1tsp
Vinegar 1 tsp
Honey – 1 tsp
- Wash chicken wings, pat dry and keep it in a bowl for marination. Take a fork and punch holes into it so that the marination can seep in.
- Add salt, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste (make fresh if possible), 1 tsp chilli powder (or paprika),juice of 1 lemon, corn flour, mix well and let it marinate in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours or preferably overnight. You can also add some lemon rind for additional taste.
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan and when hot add the chicken pieces and fry them till golden brown and crispy. Dont put the lid on
This should take around 15 mins.Drain and keep the chicken pieces aside
- In the same pan, add finely chopped spring onion whites.After sauteing it for a minute, add 3 tbsp chopped coriander. Saute it well. Add 1/2 tsp chilli powder. Add 1tsp soya sauce, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp vinegar and mix well
- Toss the chicken in this masala till it coats well. Adjust the salt and chilli powder according to your taste.
- Serve hot.
I have tried this dish with boneless pieces of chicken too and it tastes equally good.