Goan Spicy Chicken
February 25, 2015 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
- Grind 1 small onion, 2 inch ginger, 4-5 garlic pods, 3 green chillies, juice of 1 lemon and salt to make a marinade.
- Marinate 500 gms of chicken(I used chicken with bone) in this marinade for atleast 1 hour.
- Make a spice powder by dry roasting 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tsp coriander seeds, 1 inch cinnamon, 3-4 cardamoms, 4 cloves, 4 dry red chillies on a hot tawa till they leave out an aroma. Cool the spices and then pound them or grind them to a fine powder. Keep aside
- Take a non stick pan and add 2 tbsp ghee. Fry the marinated chicken till golden brown and almost 80% cooked. See to it that the heat if maintained at all times and all the chicken pieces are fried well.
- Cut 2 onions into cubes and separate the florets and add to the chicken
- Add the spice powder to the chicken. Add 1 tbsp of tomato puree and mix well. Add ghee if needed.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar and adjust the salt. Add 1 tsp of vinegar to add some acidity to the dish.
- Mix well, garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot. This goes well with chapatis as well as a side dish.