Chicken with dried chillies
January 1, 2015 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
3 tsp soya sauce
2 tsp red chilli sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp honey
2 tsp vinegar
Handful of peanuts
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
Spring onions for garnishing
- Marinate 500 gms of chicken with bones with 2 tsp soya sauce, 3 garlic cloves peeled and grated, 1 tsp red chilli sauce, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tsp pepper powder 1 tsp honey and salt and keep aside for an hour.
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and heat it. When hot, deep fry 10 dried red chillies and keep aside. In the same oil deep fry 1 inch ginger which is cut into long thin slices and keep aside. Fry handful of peanuts and keep aside
- In the same oil, sear the chicken in batches along with the marinade till they are almost cooked.
- Make a mixture of 1 tsp soya sauce, 1/2 tsp red chilli sauce, pepper, 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp vinegar or according to your taste, add 1 tsp of cornflour and keep it aside.
- Add back the chillies, ginger and peanuts and the above marinade. Mix well and stir fry for 5 more minutes. Garnish with spring onions cut into long thin slices.
One thought on “Chicken with dried chillies”
Awesome.. Am going to try this 🙂