Thai Prawn curry
We like Red thai curry – I used to generally cook it with chicken and vegetables. Last week I had bought some prawns and decided to cook prawns the Thai way..and it was so tasty…The flavor of coconut milk goes best with prawns and I think this dish tasted better than Thai curry with chicken or with vegetables. Here is my recipe for Thai Prawn curry.
1. Take 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add 1 large finely chopped onion, 1 tsp finely chopped ginger and saute till soft and the onions urn pinkish. Add 2 green chillies slit along the length and 3-4 blades of lemon grass and saute
2. Add 50 gms of of red curry paste and cook for a minute.
3. Add 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped and saute till tomatoes are soft. Add 50 gms of coconut milk powder dissolved in 1 cup of water to the pan. Adjust the water according to your taste. Let this come to a boil and then let it again simmer for 5 mins.
4. Add 1 cup of deveined and deshelled prawns and cook for 5- 10 mins or till the prawns are cooked.
5. Last add 5-6 chopped coriander stalks and some finely chopped coriander leaves and cook for a minute.
Serve with rice.