Chicken Shammi Kabab
July 21, 2012 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
- Add 2 tbsp oil. Add 1 tsp shahi jeera, 1 cardamom, 1 inch cinammon, 2-3 cloves and saute for a minute. Add 2 medium finely chopped onion and saute till brown.
- Add 1 inch ginger finely chopped and 5-6 pods of garlic finely chopped, ½ cup of mint, 2 green chillies finely chopped,1 tsp turmeric and saute.
- Now add around 300 gms of boneless chicken cut into smaller cubes (this is actually a mutton dish but I tried with chicken) and cook till the meat is tender and almost cooked.
- Now add 1 tbsp chilli powder, 1tsp garam masala, ½ cup coriander chopped, and 1 cup Chana Dal (which is soaked and boiled – remove all the water before adding). Saute for around 2 mins and then let this mixture cool a bit.
- Now grind the above mixture in a mixer grinder to a coarse paste. The strands of chicken should be seen.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed. Beat 1 egg in a bowl.
- Make small balls with the batter, flatten it, dip it in the egg and shallow fry on a pan on a slow flame on both sides till cooked.