Here is my Indianised version of Chilli Chicken – one can never go wrong with this dish!
1. Marinate 500 gms of boneless chicken pieces with salt, ginger garlic paste, soya sauce
according to taste.
2. The usual method is to deep fry the chicken pieces. However I like it sauteed in 2-3 tsp of oil. I saute it till the color changes to brown and the chicken looks 70-80% cooked.
3. Remove the chicken aside on a plate.
4. Heat 2 tsp oil and saute 1 finely chopped onion (you can use the whites of spring onion), 2 inches of Ginger finely chopped, 10 pods of garlic finely chopped and 4-5 green chillies.When sauteed, add 1 capsicum chopped into long thin slices. Saute on high flame and dont overcook the vegetables as they taste better if they are crisp.
5. Add the chicken pieces, 1 tsp soya sauce(soya sauce is salty so be careful with salt), 1 tsp green chilli sauce, 1 pinch sugar, salt to taste, 1 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tsp corn flour mixed in water and cook again on high flame for 10 mins stirring continuously.
6. Add a cup of spring onion greens cut into 1 inch pieces. Stir them into the dish and serve with fried rice.