December 29, 2014 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
- Heat a pan. Dry roast 9- 10 pepper corns, 5-6 dried red chillies, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds till the kitchen is full of the aroma from the spice mix.
- Add a pinch of fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi) and saute for a few secs and then let the spice mix cool down.
- Grind it to a coarse powder. Keep 2 tsp aside for garnishing.
- Heat 2 tsp of butter in a pan. When the butter melts, add half of the above powder mix and fry well.
- Add 1 onion cut into cubes into the pan. Fry it for some time and add 1/2 a red bell pepper and 1/2 yellow pepper. Fry well.
- Blanch 2 tomatoes and then puree them and add it to the pan and cook till the raw smell of tomatoes goes off.
- Then add 1 tsp chilly powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, salt to taste, pinch of sugar, and mix well.
- Add 250 gms of paneer cubes and mix well. Sprinkle 2 tsp kadai masala and add pinch of crushed kasuri methi and mix well.
- You can add cream and coriander leaves too but I skipped it.
- Serve with roti