Paneer Capsicum Subzi
April 18, 2013 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
1. Cut 250 gms paneer in to 1 cm cubes. I use paneer from Punjab Sind and they are melt in your kind variety – any dish you cook with them turn out good.
2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. When hot, add 1 tsp cumin seeds. Let them crackle.
3. Add 1 big onion finely sliced and saute well. Add salt to the onions. Add 3 finely chopped chillies and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute well till the onions are brown.
4. Now add 1 finely chopped tomato and 1 capsicum chopped into 1 cm cubes and saute well
5. Cover and cook till the tomatoes are mushy
6. Now add 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp kitchen king masala (you can add garam masala as an alternative), 1 tsp chilli powder and pinch of turmeric. Mix all this well
7. Add the paneer pieces, mix well without crumbling the paneer and then cover and cook for a few mins
8. Garnish with 1 tsp crushed kasoori methi and finely chopped coriander leaves.