March 23, 2013 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
Frankly speaking, it turned out so yummy and juicy (much unlike tawa frys which are slightly drier) that I forgot to click pics and started enjoying the chicken. This pic was an after thought and clicked in a hurry with the last pieces left and hence is of poor quality. Will replace it soon as I am sure I am going to cook this often.
1. Clean 500 gms of chicken and cut slashes in the chicken so that
2. Make a marinade in a large glass bowl out of 1/2 cup hung curd, 1 tsp oil, 2 tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp tandoori masala, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp chat masala, 2 tsp lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix well. Add the chicken pieces and rub the marinade on the chicken. Mix well and prick with a fork so that the chicken is well marinated. Cover the glass bowl with a cling foil and keep aside. I refrigerated the chicken after 2 hrs of leaving it aside
3. Remove the refrigerated chicken 30 mins before cooking.
4. Preheat the oven for 10 mins @ 180 degrees
5. Brush some oil on the grill. Place the chicken pieces on the grill or you can also arrange them on a skewer. You can brush some more oil on the chicken pieces. Place them into the oven. Dont forget to place a drip tray.
6. I cooked the chicken at 180 degrees for 45 mins. Keep checking and turning the chicken pieces every 10 mins but this may vary depending on your oven. The chicken is well done when you can pierce using a tooth pick and the tooth pick easily reaches up to the bone. Of course, taking out the piece and tasting it is a better option 🙂
7. Squeeze some lemon juice and chat masala and serve.