Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
April 20, 2012 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
We like Italian cuisine. Being prolific rice eaters, we have developed taste for Risottos. Tried Chicken Mushroom risotto yesterday for the first time and it turned out good.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add 1 thinly sliced onion and saute till translucent. Add 2 garlic pods finely chopped and saute. Add 1 cup of Rice and saute till the rice is well coated with oil. Do not wash the rice before adding it to the pan. I used 1 cup of Riso Arborio.
- Boil 500 ml chicken stock on another stove as the onions are sauteed. I used Maggi stock cubes but I am sure home made stock will taste even better. Add chicken stock to the mixture to just cover the rice and stir the mixture until the stock is absorbed. Add more of the stock and keep continuing this till the rice is just cooked right. Dont overcook the rice. This can take upto 20 mins. By the time the rice is cooked your hand surely should start to hurt 🙂 If you fall short of stock you can add some water.
- Add salt and pepper to the rice according to taste.
- In the meantime also add 1 tbsp oil to a pan. When the oil is hot, add 1/2 cup of boneless chicken cut into cubes and 1 tbsp chopped garlic and saute for 5 mins. Add 1/2 cup mushrooms and chopped basil and saute for 2 mins or until the mushrooms and the chicken are cooked.
- Now add this to the rice. Top it with butter and grated parmesan cheese and serve hot