Cream of Chicken Tomato Soup with Fried Okra
July 14, 2013 Posted by Shweta Shanbhag
- Melt 1 tbsp butter/olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add 1 bay leaf to the hot oil/butter.
- Add 2-3 pods of thinly sliced garlic and fry them slightly. Add 2 thinly diced carrots and saute till partially cooked.
- Add 10-12 mushrooms finely chopped and saute. Add salt and pepper.
- Add 4 tomatoes thinly sliced, 3-4 cups water and let the whole mixture boil for 20-30 mins on a slow flame. Also add chicken pieces(bigger ones) to the mixture.
- Remove from flame, let it cool and then remove the chicken pieces aside. Blend the tomato, carrot and mushroom mixture in a grinder. Strain it for smoother texture and then again put it on the flame for cooking
- Shred the boiled chicken and add it to the soup. Let it boil again.
- Add pepper, adjust the salt and you can also add oregano/italian seasoning for additional taste
- Pour in 1 to 2 tbsp of cream to the soup and keep aside
- Thinly slice okra (bhindi) and deep fry it in oil. You can also deep fry bread crumbs sliced into cubes.
- Serve the soup with fried bhindi topping and bread crumbs.